Prasanna Deshmukh received his master’s of technology degree in Astronomical Instrumentation from Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) & University of Calcutta in August 2013. He has worked on ‘Development of Precision controller for TMT Actuator’ at ITCC laboratory of IIA for his master’s thesis. He also has a bachelor’s of engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunication from Shivaji University, Kolhapur. He was a student of Integrated M.Tech-PhD in Astronomical Instrumentation at IIA, Bangalore, India between July 2011 to November 2017. He has submitted his PhD Thesis on the topic Modeling, Simulation And Implementation Of Primary Mirror Control System For The Prototype Segmented Mirror Telescope. Since December 2017 he is working as a Project Engineer at India - Thirty Meter Telescope Coordination Center at IIA, Bangalore. His interest lies in telescope control systems, active optics, control system modeling & simulations, astronomical instrumentation & astronomy outreach.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics
Department of Science and Technology
Government of India
2nd Block, Koramangala
Bangalore - 560034,
1. Deshmukh, Prasanna Gajanan, Padmakar Parihar, Deepta Sundar Mishra, and P. K. Mahesh. "Dynamic Loading Assembly for Testing Actuators of Segmented Mirror Telescope." Journal of Astronomical Instrumentation, 2017. doi: 10.1142/S2251171717500064
2. Deshmukh Prasanna, Deepta Sundar Mishra, and Padmakar Parihar. "Primary mirror active control system simulation of Prototype Segmented MirrorTelescope." In Control Conference (ICC), 2017 Indian, pp. 364-371. IEEE, 2017. doi: 10.1109/INDIANCC.2017.7846502.
3. Deshmukh Prasanna, Padmakar Parihar, Deepta S. Mishra, Ajin Prakash, and P. M. M. Kemkar. "A soft actuator for prototype segmented mirror telescope." In SPIE Astronomical Telescopes+ Instrumentation, pp. 991207-991207. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2016. doi:10.1117/12.2231172.
4. Deshmukh Prasanna, and Padmakar Parihar. "Precision controller for segmented mirror telescope actuator: Control and tuning." In Control Conference (ICC), 2016 Indian, pp. 245-252. IEEE, 2016. doi: 10.1109/INDIANCC.2016.7441135.
5. Deshmukh, Prasanna Gajanan, Amaresh Mandal, Padmakar Singh Parihar, Dayananda Nayak, Deepta Sundar Mishra. "Design, development, and validation of a segment support actuator for the prototype segmented mirror telescope." Journal of Astronomical Telescopes, Instruments, and Systems. 2018 Feb; 4(1): 014005.
6. Parihar Padmakar, Deshmukh Prasanna, et al. "Prototype segmented mirror telescope: a pathfinder of India's Large Optical-NIR telescope project." In Ground-based and Airborne Telescopes VII. Vol. 10700. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2018.