Prasanna Deshmukh received his master’s of technology degree in Astronomical Instrumentation from Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) & University of Calcutta in August 2013. He has worked on ‘Development of Precision controller for TMT Actuator’ at ITCC laboratory of IIA for his master’s thesis. He also has a bachelor’s of engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunication from Shivaji University, Kolhapur. He is a student of Integrated M.Tech-PhD in Astronomical Instrumentation at IIA, Bangalore, India since July 2011. Currently he is perusing a PhD degree on the thesis topic Primary Mirror Control System for Segmented Mirror Telescope. His interest lies in telescope control systems, active optics, control system modeling & simulations, astronomical instrumentation & astronomy outreach.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics
Department of Science and Technology
Government of India
2nd Block, Koramangala
Bangalore - 560034,
1. Deshmukh, Prasanna Gajanan, Padmakar Parihar, Deepta Sundar Mishra, and P. K. Mahesh. "Dynamic Loading Assembly for Testing Actuators of Segmented Mirror Telescope." Journal of Astronomical Instrumentation, 2017. doi: 10.1142/S2251171717500064
2. Deshmukh Prasanna, Deepta Sundar Mishra, and Padmakar Parihar. "Primary mirror active control system simulation of Prototype Segmented MirrorTelescope." In Control Conference (ICC), 2017 Indian, pp. 364-371. IEEE, 2017. doi: 10.1109/INDIANCC.2017.7846502.
3. Deshmukh Prasanna, Padmakar Parihar, Deepta S. Mishra, Ajin Prakash, and P. M. M. Kemkar. "A soft actuator for prototype segmented mirror telescope." In SPIE Astronomical Telescopes+ Instrumentation, pp. 991207-991207. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2016. doi:10.1117/12.2231172.
4. Deshmukh Prasanna, and Padmakar Parihar. "Precision controller for segmented mirror telescope actuator: Control and tuning." In Control Conference (ICC), 2016 Indian, pp. 245-252. IEEE, 2016. doi: 10.1109/INDIANCC.2016.7441135.
5. Deshmukh Prasanna, Amaresh Mandal, Padmakar Parihar, Dayananda Nayak, Deepta Sundar Mishra. "Design Development and Validation of Segment Support Actuator for Prototype Segmented Mirror Telescope." (Submitted & Under Review with SPIE Journal of Astronomical Telescopes, Instruments, and Systems).